The Fury of the Witches is the 3rd episode of the fourth season and 69th overall episode of Charmed.
|The Fury of the Witches|
|Season 4, Episode 03|
|Written by||Krista Vernoff|
|Directed by||Chris Long|
The Unusual Demons
Paige comes to the manor for training but Prue, angry over Phoebe's death, is more focused on vanquishing demons. After attempting to vanquish a supernatural band of vigilantes known as the Furies, Prue and Piper are both smoked and begin turning into furies themselves.
Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell
Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
Magical Notes Edit
Book of Shadows Edit
- Like their mythic ancestors,
- these demonic women act
- as judge, jury and executioner
- to anyone they consider an
- "evil doer".
- They disable victims with their
- sharp talons and kill with
- poisonous smoke.
- Note: when inhaled by a good
- witch, the smoke seeks out
- a portal of unexpressed fury.
- It then causes the fury to
- build consuming the witch's
- humanity and ultimately
- turning her into a Fury.
An adapted version of the "To Call a Lost Witch" spell to find Prue and Piper.
- Power of the sisters rise
- Course unseen across the skies
- Come to us who call you near
- Come to us and settle here
- Blood to blood, I summon thee
- Blood to blood, return to me.
Telekinesis: Used by Prue
Molecular Immobilization: Used by Piper
Molecular Combustion: Used by Piper
Orbing: Used by Leo
Smoking: Used by the Furies, Prue, and Piper
Super-Strength: Used by the Furies, Prue, and Piper
Smoke-Secretion: Used by the Furies to infect Prue and Piper and kill innocents
Exposure- Anything that involves magic being revealed to the world. Prue tells the others how it was her fault that magic was exposed to the world during the events of All Hell Breaks Loose.
Athame- A double edged ceremonial knife that Witches often use to direct energies in their daily practices and rituals. Paige used this to perform the ritual to summon Prue and Piper back to the manor.
Scrying Crystal- A magical pendant used for scrying. Prue used this to find evil within the city and find the Furies.
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This is the third episode in which Piper turns evil and the second episode for Prue.
- At the end of this episode, it is implied that Prue and Piper have accepted Paige as their friend first instead of immediately seeing her as their sister.