- "...the next thing I know, I was floating, surrounded by Whitelighters. And they offered me immortality and a chance to help special people like you. And I never once ever doubted that I didn't make the right choice till I met you. Ever since, all I can think is how I'd give it up to have a mortal life again, to have a family and grow old with you."
- —Leo to Piper Halliwell.
Leonardo "Leo" Wyatt is the son of Christopher Wyatt. He was assigned as Whitelighter to the Charmed Ones and fell in love with the middle sister, Piper Halliwell, later in her life. Over the years of being a Whitelighter, Leo has helped the sisters out with demonic problems often.
A short while after dying, the Council of Elders surrounded him and offered him a new life as a whitelighter to help people on a grander, supernatural scale, and he accepted.Leo, was born on the 6th of May, 1924 to Christopher Wyatt and his wife in San Francisco, Caifornia. While studying to be a doctor, he met his first wife Lillian Wyatt and the two got married, however, they didn't have any kids. Leo, eventually became a professional in his medical studies and became a medic in United States Army in World War II. While there, Leo became good friends Natalie, who was also studying to be a doctor. Leo later died that day as well while bandaging up a soldier's head.
Early Whitelighter YearsEdit
- Piper: "Wait, you knew Grams when she was young?"
- Leo: "Yeah, we crossed paths once or twice when I was a young Whitelighter."
- — Leo telling Piper he knew Grams when she was young.
In the late 60's, Leo knew the sisters' grandmother, Penny Halliwell.
Whitelighter of The Charmed OnesEdit
Leo watched the Halliwell sisters since when they were children, waiting for the time when their magic would be unbound upon their Grams' death. Days before Penny died, when the oldest sister, Prue, and the middle sister, Piper, were walking down Prescott Street talking about Prue's engagement and Piper thinks she'll never find true love and is destined to be alone forever, she unknowingly bumps into Leo, the two apologize to each other and she watches him as they walk away. When she turned back around, Leo had already orbed out. 
- Phoebe: "So, all this time, you knew who we really were?"
- Leo: "Yeah. I was sent to watch over you and your sisters when you first got your powers. You know, help out wherever I could."
- — Leo talks to Phoebe after getting exposed.
- Leo first came to the sisters as a handyman, hired to fix their home in late 1998. He knew about who they really were but they had no idea about his secret as he was supposed to secretly watch them after they got their powers back, integrate into their lives, and eventually reveal himself to them. He became more active in their lives over the next year, even falling in love with Piper but would often leave many times due to his responsibilities to his other charges. At one point, when he returned, he hovered a couple of feet in the air to fix the chandelier and the youngest sister, Phoebe Halliwell, walked in, thus exposing his secret to her. He explained to her that he was sent down by a group of elders, called the founders, to watch over them when they first got their powers and help out whenever he can. Leo makes Phoebe promise that she won't tell her sisters. Eventually, Piper and Prue find out when, after getting shot by the darklighter Alec, Leo orbs to the attic in the manor where Piper was at the time. A distraught and freaked out Piper calls out for her sisters, who both come running up the stairs to find a deeply wounded Leo.
Piperfinds out the trigger They bandage up his wound after Prue flings the arrow out of his chest. Piper, who fears Leo could possibly die, casts a spell to exchange their powers, thus giving her Leo's powers and vice versa. After many failed attempts at healing Leo, Piper breaks down next to him and finally admits that she's in love with him and starts to cry, her hand then starts to suddenly glow upon activating the healing power and saving Leo from death.
Relationship with PiperEdit
- Piper: "But we can’t keep doing this. I can’t keep doing this. I feel like all I do is wait around for you to show up and then when you do, it’s just not... quite right."
- Leo: "Well, I’m just... I’m doing what I thought you wanted me to do, Piper. You’re the one who didn’t want me to clip my wings."
- — Leo and Piper's endless battle to be together
Leo was deeply in love with Piper. However, their relationship was tumultuous due to Leo often leaving due to his other charges, which caused him to be gone for weeks at a time. However, the relationship was forced to end in Piper's second year of being a witch; she fell for her new next door neighbor, Dan Gordon, and started a relationship with him, as he offered more stability than Leo did. After Piper contracted a deadly disease, Leo, against the wishes of the Elders, healed her and they clipped his wings, making him mortal.
Even though it was revealed that Piper did indeed love Dan, there was always a spot in her heart for Leo, which caused numerous heated discussions with him. In early 2000, Piper decided she wanted to be with Leo. However, at the time, Dan was away on business and Leo and Piper often had to sneak around while being together. She finally broke up with him and Dan didn't take it that well and asked his brother to dig into Leo's past, and the only Leo Wyatt he found, died in 1942. When Dan tried to confront Leo about the information he found, they ended up fighting each other and Piper had to break it up by freezing both of them. Additionally, the Elders granted Leo his wings back in order for him to save Prue from a darklighter.
Marriage to PiperEdit
Dan finally gave up trying to win Piper back and that same day, Piper demanded that Leo take her "up there" to meet his bosses. To their dismay, The Elders ordered Leo and Piper to end their relationship as they forbid witches and whitelighters from being together. Leo then came up with the idea to propose to Piper because even the Elders could not destroy holy matrimony. Though they were found out and eventually put on probation, after the vanquish of the warlock Eames, the Elders gave them the go ahead to get married. Piper and Leo were finally successfully married after two failed attempts.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: Like witches, Leo has the ability to cast different spells. In late 1999, Leo had to cast a spell on a band manger named, Jeff Carlton so his band Dishwalla would be able to play at P3, so Piper and her sisters could vanquish the demon, Masselin who Jeff had made a deal with.
- Potion Making: In late 2000, after the sisters got sent back to colonial times. Leo with the help of Darryl, was able to make a potion to vanquish a Grimlock.
- Active Powers
- Orbing: Leo possessed the ability to Orbing. It allows the user to get transported to another location through the use of them. Over the years, Leo would be able to take two or more passengers with him.
- Glamouring: Leo also had the ability to change one's face and form. Over the course of the series, he only used this power three times. He first demonstarted this power in 2000, to help train the girls for the incoming attack from Belthazor.
- Healing: Healing is the ability to heal injuries and wounds on other people. Throughout the series, Leo has healed numerous injuries to the sisters and became their own personal healer.
- Telekinesis: Although only used once, Leo showed this power in 1999 in the Attic of the manor, he used it to open multiple boxes and crates before Piper walked in.
- Hovering: In early 1999, Leo first used this power on screen. He hovered a few feet in the air to change a light fixture. Although, he was caught out by Phoebe and was forced to tell her who he really was.  He then used the power just after Prue to meditate.
- Reconstitution: Reconstitution is the ability to pull yourself back together after being blown up. Leo can be seen using this power through the series.
- Other Powers
- Sensing: Sensing is the ability to locate magical and mortal charges. Leo used this power numerous times over the years. Most notable trying to find one of the sisters.
- Omnilingualism: The ability to speak and understand the language one of his charges speaks.
- Empathy: The ability to feel what their charges are feeling. However, if not skilled in this power it might actually hurt you.
- Thermokinesis: The ability to control and manipulate heat. Leo only used this power once, to warm up Phoebe's coffee when she first found out what he really was.
- Dream Leaping: The ability to project oneself into someone else's dream and manipulate them. Leo used this ability to project himself into Piper's dream and to tell her that he's not coming back.
- Cloaking: The ability to magically cloak yourself from other is another version of Invisibility. Leo was able to cloak the future Whitelighter, Daisy so the Darklighter Alec wouldn't be able to find her.
Hair: During Season 1, Leo has semi-long, brown hair with blonde highlights. Starting from Season 2, he wears his hair shorter and keeps blonde highlights until the end of Season 3. During season 4 he remains to have short, dark brown hair.
- Wardrobe: He mostly wears a t-shirt with a shirt and jeans.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Brian Krause who portrays Leo originally tried out for the role of Andy Trudeau but it ultimately went to T.W King.
- Brian Krause's first appearance as Leo Wyatt was in the season 1, episode Thank You For Not Morphing, where he only had about one minute of screen time.
- Brian described Leo as "Kind. Compassionate. Whipped."
- The Leo Wyatt role, was only meant to be a three episode, possible recurring character. Ironically, Brian was also working in construction before landing the role as Leo Wyatt, the magical handyman.
- When Brian Krause auditioned for the role, he wasn't sure if Leo was a good magical being or evil magical being and wasn't entirely sure if he was going to get killed off.
- Leo met The Charmed Ones a couple of days before Grams's death. Piper bumped into him while her and Prue were talking about her marriage to Roger.
- In an alternate reality, Leo and Piper were married, had one child, Melinda, and eventually got divorced.
- Something Wicca This Way Comes, Deja Vu All Over Again, and Witch Trial are the only season premieres and finales that Leo didn't appear in.
- When auditioning for Charmed, Brian Krause who plays Leo, was already friends with his on-screen wife, Piper Halliwell who is protrayed by Holly Marie Combs. Holly claimed that their kissing scenes were awkward, as it was like she was kissing her brother.
Leo Wyatt appeared in a total of 145 episodes throughout the series.